Terms and conditions of booking for your holiday
The following terms and conditions will apply to your booking. A contract between you and the owners of Seascape and Seabreeze will come into existence when we confirm your booking and receipt of deposit payment in writing.
This contract binds you and all members of your party. Please ensure that all members of your party are familiar with and accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking.
- Deposit – a non refundable deposit of 25% of the holiday price or £100 (whichever is the greater sum) is payable at the time of booking. Payment can be made by cheque, bank transfer by arrangement or Paypal. Please do not send cash. Bookings made less than 6 weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge.
- Balance payment – the balance of your holiday must be paid so to arrive no later than 6 weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation. We will confirm the due date of the balance payment to you on confirmation of your booking.
- Security deposit – a £100 security deposit is payable at the same time as your balance payment. This is to ensure Seascape/Seabreeze are maintained to the best possible condition for our guests’ enjoyment. Following your departure, provided our housekeeper notifies us that there is no damage to the chalet, the security deposit will be returned to you within 5 working days. We recognise that minor breakages happen and do not charge for these, ie a glass/odd item of crockery. Any other damage will be deducted from your damage deposit. Please let us know if you notice any problems or damage.
- Cancellation – if you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start then your deposit will be forfeited. If you cancel less than 6 weeks prior to the start date then the full balance remains due. If the event that we can re-let the booking without loss of revenue then we will refund the balance payment to you subject to a £25 administration charge.
- Use of Seascape/Seabreeze – only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the property. Please note the maximum occupancy of both chalets is 4 people. If this legal requirement is not met, your booking will be terminated and you will be asked to leave with no refund made.
- Arrival and departure – Seascape/Seabreeze will be available for your occupation from 3 pm on your arrival date. To prepare for our next guests, we ask you to vacate by 10 am on the day of your departure.
- Bedlinen and towels – Bedlinen is included in the cost of your holiday. Please bring your own towels.
- Smoking – Seascape/Seabreeze are non smoking properties. If you wish to smoke, please use the grassed area around the chalet.
- Barbecues – please note that the park prohibits use of any gas barbecues. We do supply a charcoal barbecue for your use, however for safety reasons please do not use it on the wooden decking. Please use the grassed area around the property for your barbecue. Please provide your own charcoal and clean the barbecue after use for future guests.
- Disabled guests – There is a step onto the decking and a further step into the front door which may be difficult for wheelchair users. The chalet are on one level inside. Please contact us for further information if needed.
- Dogs – Seascape/Seabreeze are dog friendly and we welcome up to 2 well behaved dogs in both chalets. The outside decking is secure with two bolts. It is a site condition that dogs are not left unattended in the chalets. If your dog is left and deemed to be causing a nuisance, you may be asked to leave the chalet by the site management. Dogs must be kept on a lead on the park except at the top of the field nearest the sea. We will provide more information concerning dogs, including dog friendly cafes and restaurants with the access information.
- Right of entry – we reserve the right to enter Seascape/Seabreeze under any circumstances without notice.
- Wi fi – is available at Seascape and Seabreeze by way of a BT hub. The code will be provided with the access information. There may be occasions beyond our control when the facility is not available. We are unable to pay compensation for any inconvenience or loss if the internet connection cannot be accessed.
- Data Protection/privacy notice – We hold your personal data solely for the provision of your holiday booking at Seascape/Seabreeze beach chalets. We ensure at all times your personal data is held in a secure manner and that we comply with the provisions of the GDPR.
- If you book a holiday with us, by signing our booking form referring to these terms and conditions, you consent to us holding and processing your data.
You have the following rights in relation to your data:-
- the right of confirmation that your data is being processed
- the right of access to your personal data
- the right for your data we hold to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- the right to request that your data is deleted or removed where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- the right to restrict the processing of personal data
- the right to port your data for the purpose of obtaining or reusing data for your own purposes across different services
- the right to object to the processing based on legitimate interests or direct marketing
- All requests should be made to the owner of Seascape/Seabreeze, Patricia Fitch by e mail and all requests shall be responded to within 28 days.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office is there is a problem with the way we handle or process your data.
- We will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of ourselves or any other person within or outside our employ or otherwise under or outside our control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which you or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the rental, unless we have acted in bad faith. If liable, our liability will be limited to the value of the holiday price (plus security deposit). In addition, we accept no liability for loss of or damage to your possessions on our property or land.
Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits our liability:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence
- for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Finally, we are here to ensure you have the best possible holiday. If you have any problems whilst on holiday, you should contact us during your stay so that we can try to resolve matters as soon as possible. Any other complaints or problems should be brought to our attention within 14 days after the end of your holiday.
24 May 2018